Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Publishing love

My life in publishing is an interesting one. I am simultaneously a Simon & Schuster/Atria Books publicist and a Hachette/Grand Central author. This means during the day I am doing publicity for Atria authors, while someone at Grand Central is doing the same for me.
 
Book Friends!
I've been with S&S for about 4 years now and I'm pretty in love with a lot about it. My coworkers are wonderful and our authors and books are amazing. I'm pretty pumped to say that Grand Central has the same formula. Not only are they wise enough to publish the cutest, most useful cookbook of all time (cough*nobakemakery*cough) but I am in fantastic company with their amazing authors and books. I like to think of No Bake Makery as It's All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow's no bake little cousin and Betty Goes Vegan by Dan and Annie Shannon's Brooklyn neighbor.

My cute editor, Amanda


Yesterday I took a lunch time trip to Grand Central from Simon & Schuster to talk No Bake Makery and drop off some treats. On top of getting to hang out with some awesome people, we got some pretty cute business done:

My treats were passed around to some employees and made this adorable 6 second video, featuring Jamie Raab, the president and publisher of Grand Central! Apparently she thinks my treats are YUM! YAY! I played this on repeat for five minutes straight and you should too: vine.co/v/bppaB6Zde0Q 

We also talked about getting the "look inside" function of my book on Amazon. I wanted people to be able to peek in and see what the interiors of the book look like. And voila, it's there: http://www.amazon.com/No-Bake-Makery-Two-Bite-Treats/dp/1455525138 And I like it.

Long story short: I got publishing love. Day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment