Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mini Chopped Challenge II: Raspretzkers

In keeping with my random ingredients/"Chopped" style challenge theme, I came up with a new no bake recipe this week. They are called... Raspretzkers (rɑːz-prets-kə(r)z). Clearly I struggled with naming these so I am open to suggestions OR reinforcement that Raspretzkers is a brilliant name for a treat.

So...these are totally random pantry items: The pretzels were the last of what was a huge bag and were definitely pretty stale. I had an abundance of raspberries because they were on sale for $1.99 this week. And the snickers bar was left over from an a bunch of candy I bought to make danger squares (rice krispies with danger i.e. candy mixed in--ill get into my feelings on those one of these days). Since my pretzels were stale, I knew I didn't want to showcase their (lacking) crunch. Instead, I crumbled them up with the snickers for a sweet and salty crust. The raspberries provided the perfect flavor and color for a filling. I went the cheesecake route because I figured since they are so tiny, why not make them decadent little bebes. Plus, I had cheesecake ingredients in my fridge. If you just had milk, eggs and sugar though you could definitely swap the cheesecake out for a pudding or custard filling. Or get crazy and put some fudge and raspberry jam in there. The mini pie filling possibilities are endless you guys. ENDLESS.  But here goes my route...

The Randos: Mini Pretzels, a Snickers Bar, Raspberries
The transformations: Chocolate, pretzelly, nutty, creamcheesy crumbly thing and raspberry cheesecakey cream.


The crust and the filling...
Some toppers...
Refrigerate to set...
Mini pie time ya'll.
Nom
Awww
You the cutest ish in this place...
Oops.
Pantry helpers:
Cream cheese, mascarpone, granulated sugar, unflavored gelatin, sour cream, vanilla extract.

How to do it:
1. Chop one snickers bar into a few pieces and add it to the food processor with 1 cup of pretzels, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons of cream cheese. Mix until crumbly.

2. Pour 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin into one tablespoon of water. Let sit while you work on step three...

3. In a large mixing bowl mix one 1 cup raspberries, 3 oz (6 tbsp) cream cheese, 3 oz (6 tbsp) marscarpone, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Mix until evenly blended and the raspberries are all smashed inside the cream. **I happen to have all three creams in my fridge and therefore combined them but you can absolutely use a different cheesecake mixture here. Google has TONS.

4. Microwave your gelatin for 10 seconds before pouring it into the cheesecake filling and mixing very well until totally combined.

5. Line a 12-cup mini muffin tin with mini paper or foil liners. Press about a tablespoon of crust into the bottom of each cup with your fingers. Warning: This part can get messy and frustrating but it's worth it! Then, spoon in the cheesecake mixture. And then... top with extra crust crumble or raspberries... or both!

6. Refrigerate (or freeze if you want ice cream styles) until set, about 4 hours. Serve on cutest serving dish available to you.
 

No bake time:
Active, 30 minutes/ Setting: 4 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment